[pmwiki-users] Xhtml 1.0 Strict

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 13:40:17 CDT 2008

Thursday, July 10, 2008, 3:43:05 PM, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:

> If these issues are solved, most probably the Triad skin could easily
> validate both as XHTML 1.0 Transitional and Strict, at will.

Thanks Luigi! I have now made several changes to Triad and it
validates now as XHTML1 strict. I have not checked through all kinds
of skin permutations though!

some changes:

Changed <!DOCTYPE ....> from transitional to
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"

Eliminate [[<<]] markup (was present in Site.PageFootMenu) as it is
rendered <br clear=all /> which is not XHTML1 strict.

Eliminate %newwin% markup (was present in Site.PageFootMenu) as it is
rendered to <a target='_blank' ....>  which is not XHTML1 strict.

Add <div>  ...</div> to searchform2 markup, used for custom Triad
(:searchbox:). Apparently <input ...> tags need some containing element
is okay.

Eliminate any language='javascript1.2' from <script ...> elements.
Triad had these in numerous places.

I uploaded  a new triad.zip to PmWiki.org:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TriadSkin

Please check it out.

  ~Hans