[pmwiki-users] Xhtml 1.0 Strict

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Jul 12 04:08:48 CDT 2008

Saturday, July 12, 2008, 2:01:11 AM, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:

> And now it all validates!
> http://www.kirpi.it/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Xhtml10strictaccessible.Xhtml10strictaccessible
> You could smell the right solution, Hans!

> Is the javascript still usable, right?
> Or should I find a way to revert it to get it's functionality again?

Adding the HTML comments tags<!--    --> inside <script> </script>
tags does not incapacitate the script. It is good practise as it
excludes browsers which don't know <script> tags from taking the
script as some sort of HTML content. - The XHTML parser seems to have
done that and complained about HTML tags it found inside the script.
But those should have been ignored.

Regards to smelling solutions: I am not a glue-sniffer :-)
I just compared the validation errors with the HTML source, and made
some guesses...

Cheers,
  ~Hans