[pmwiki-users] Web for mobiles

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Sat Jul 12 13:46:59 CDT 2008

I have been stimulated, today, by the http://mobi.mit.edu/about/ page
about MIT web services for web-enabled mobiles. Also, I had fun
testing http://m.google.com/, http://us.m.yahoo.com/ and the like.
I do not own any of such advanced devices, but many people do and,
which is more, a *lot* others will surely join the bunch in the next
future.

Many dedicated pages start with a
	<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD XHTML Mobile 1.0//EN"
	"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/xhtml-mobile10.dtd">
and I wonder if this has an important meaning.
In other words, and in a broader sense: which care should be taken,
would one decide to devote and optimize a group of pages of his/her
site for mobile navigation?

Out of curiosity, I tried my home page on a friend's iPhone, and it
comes out rather fine. So, my first answer would be: no problem.
But perhaps there is anybody here with more experience about it...
Not only technical requirements, but also maybe some good practices to
take care of...

Luigi