[pmwiki-users] Separate wikilib.d into separate directories

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jul 14 09:40:02 CDT 2008

I'd like to split the wikilib.d/ directory into separate directories
for "system" pages (Site.*, SiteAdmin.*) and "documentation" pages
(PmWiki.*, others).  But I'm not sure how to make the split in a way
that (1) makes sense to others and (2) causes the least disruption.

First, I think that to minimize disruption the Site.* and SiteAdmin.*
pages probably need to remain in wikilib.d/ .  If we move them
to a different location, and a site is directly setting the entire
$WikiLibDirs array, then it will omit the new place that those
files go, which would be bad.

So, if the Site* files need to remain in wikilib.d/, we need a
new place for the documentation.  I propose wikidoc.d/ , but would
like to hear others' ideas and suggestions.

If we also need to see about providing a function for recipes to
manipulate $WikiLibDirs, I'm open to proposals for that.  (Resend
if you've already made one.)

Thanks!