[pmwiki-users] Page Names
5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Jul 15 21:56:30 CDT 2008
On Tuesday 15 July 2008 23:47:10 Hans wrote:
> Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 7:28:49 PM, Russell D Jones wrote:
> > problem is that PmWiki doesn't seem to support the linking to a page
> > titled "George W. Bush" but instead sends the user to the "Bush" page in
> > the "George W" group.
> You could try this markup definition as a replacement to the free
> link markup [[free links]] (watch out for inadvertent line breaks due to
> email software):
> ## [[free links]] without group
> "Keep(MakeLink(\$pagename,str_replace('. ',' ',PSS('$1')),PSS('$1'),'$2'),'L')");
The solution suggested by Hans is simple, but seems to have some possibly
1. There are some changes (I cannot find why) to the display of [[Group/]] and
[[Group/Page]] links, which should display "Group" and "Page", but they do
not seem to. At my test wiki, they display "Group/" and "Group/Page".
2. For markup [[(Mr. )Nobody]], should display "Nobody", it prints
out "(Mr. )Nobody" ; again, I cannot find why.
3. Arrow links [[Text -> Mr. Nobody]] do not work, they link to [[Mr/Nobody]]
in an external group, what we are trying to avoid.
4. Links with alternative text, [[Mr. Nobody | Alternative text ]] do not
work, but lead to a page Nobody in an external group Mr/.
5. Wikitrails and in pagelists/search results built on wikitrails, will
silently ignore links in the new format (dot-space=space).
Here is an experimental solution, suggested by Pm, that needs to be tested but
it seems to work:
While there is no guarantee, the recipe seems to fix the above issues .
Testing and comments are welcome...
More information about the pmwiki-users