[pmwiki-users] Page Names

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Jul 16 09:11:24 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 16 July 2008 10:41:44 Hans wrote:
> But when I comment it out, I still get the same links, so I wonder if
> it is needed at all?

Dots will actually be converted to spaces with the third pattern "convert
everything else to space", so it can be omitted (also for UTF-8). I updated
the recipe.

> Would the new target string splitting rule not be good as PmWiki
> default? Allowing dot-followed-by-space generally?

It is not known how many wikis are relying on the dot-space-as-a-separator and
are using it, so no, it may not be good as PmWiki default.

On the other hand, it should be possible to have a config variable as
$GroupSeparatorPattern that could be changed by the user to enable the new
behavior. We should test this new behavior to see if we couldn't find some
unwanted side effects, like in the previous proposition.

Petko