[pmwiki-users] Fox upgrade breaks Shoutbox

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Jul 19 06:06:44 CDT 2008

Saturday, July 19, 2008, 12:04:23 AM, Scott Smith wrote:

> Here's the result of a new post with debug turned up-

thanks! It seems something breaks in the process of getting the
template, and I suspect there is some issue with the substitution
helper function I added for PHP4 systems: htmlspecialchars_decode.

I have now released an update which uses a different decoding
function htmlspecialchars_decode2. I have not removed the other one
yet, so you can see the difference. But it is not used any more.
Please try out the new fox.php.

One problem I got is that I am testing with PHP5, and cannot test
with a PHP4 version here locally.

The specific issue with foxtemplates is that the (:foxtemplate  :)
markup supplies the template via HTML input, so special characters
are encoded, and later decoded, because we could have characters like
< and > and & and quotes in the template.

Please let me know how it works with the new fox.php version
2008-07-19

  ~Hans