[pmwiki-users] calculation with time

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Jun 5 05:53:15 CDT 2008

> Currently I save this in unix time so I can do math operations very
> easily. Unfortunality it isn't a proper format to write time in a form
> field.

If you want the user to enter it then you are right.  However, if it's just
a display issue then strftime() should handle it nicely, right (as you've
already done with your {(timefmt ...)} MX)?  Storing in unix time gives much
greater flexibility and reliability than any other format...

> Does you know of a function that can translate date/time back to unixtime?

I haven't tried it, but strtotime() looks like it might be able to handle
it...?

-Peter