[pmwiki-users] 2 problems with notify.php script

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu Jun 5 21:31:29 CDT 2008

I thought I would report a couple of problems we encountered
when trying, with eventual success, to get notify to work on
a Linux server running php 4.1.2 in safe mode.

1. call to fgets in NotifyCheck requires a second parameter

This seems to be because 4.1.2 is such an old version of php.
I changed fgets($nfp) to fgets($nfp, 1024) and the warning
we had been getting went away, though the php manual states
that the second parameter is optional.

2. call to mail fails silently when safe mode is on

It appears that $NotifyParameters (the last argument) is
disallowed when php runs in safe mode. I removed it from
the list of arguments, but a tidier solution might be to
do this:

    if ($NotifyParameters) mail( ... , $NotifyParameters);
    else mail( ... );

Has anybody else encountered these problems?
--
JR