[pmwiki-users] FoxForum - Auto create forum thread name

stevecrisp at gmail.com stevecrisp at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 03:08:21 CDT 2008

PmWiki Community,

Is there a way to auto populate the new Topic name used within the
Forum.CreateNewTopic form?  For example can it be configured to
automatically fill in the Topic name on the CreateNewTopic page with a
parameter that I'll pass in (either variable or URL parameter) e.g.
?n=Forum.CreateNewTopic&topic=MyTopic

Finally, is it possible to get the number of posts within a specific
forum topic from within another page outside the forum?  Perhaps I
have to create a custom markup like (:FoxForum topic=MyTopic
query=posts:) which returns the number of posts within the
Forum.MyTopic page.

Background to what I'm doing:

I'm looking at integrating FoxForum as an alternative page discussion
tool - different to the other Discussion* recipes as all discussion
will centralised within a single forum - the FoxForum.  I have a
'Discuss' link on each page which either goes to the create new topic
page (Forum.CreateNewTopic) if the forum pages does not exist or
displays the topic if it already exists.  I'm using my Wiki page name
as the topic name within FoxForum, so my Wiki page called
MyGroup.MyPage will have a forum topic called Forum.MyGroup-MyPage.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
-Steve.
P.S: Very impressed with FoxForum, very quick to setup and use.