[pmwiki-users] Page question

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 13:18:47 CDT 2008

Monday, June 23, 2008, 6:31:47 PM, Mailinglists wrote:

> What does "usually" mean?

I mean PmWiki does not do so. But it does not mean that it can't be
done.

> If the Wiki page that contains the conditions that use the clear
> text passwords is itself password protected and can only be edited
> by an admin, then how is that a security risk? The wiki is on a
> modern, fully updated OS with the latest cPanel installed and a diligent system admin (me).

Okay. But you have to make sure that the page source is protected too.
?action=source with same rights as ?action=edit (or better admin!!).

Here is a conditional for plain text password checks inside a wiki
page:

$Conditions['authpw'] = 'NoCache(end(@$GLOBALS["AuthPw"])==\$condparm)';

then you can use conditionals like

(:if authpw abcdefg:)(:redirect ClientA:)
(:if authpw hijklmn:)(:redirect ClientB:)
etc.

  ~Hans