[pmwiki-users] print icon

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 16:27:23 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 22:55, kirpi at kirpi.it <kirpi at kirpi.it> wrote:

>>> this gives the print preview, but don't
>>> lauch the print window?
>
>> Right.
>> It calls the "print skin", if there is one, while triggering a printer
>> is quite a different task.
>
> Actually, there are links that trigger the very printing process, like
> the one you find at the bottom of this page
> http://www.simplehelp.net/other/how-to-remove-red-eye-from-your-digital-photos-using-gimp/print/
> but I wouldn't know how to enable such a behaviour.

This is done with the help of a bit of javascript. The bottom link is:

Click <a href="#Print" onclick="window.print(); return false;"
         title="Click here to print.">here</a>

For PmWiki, such a link could only be integrated directly into the
skin template or with a dedicated markup extension defined by an
external recipe.

Regards,
Dominique