[pmwiki-users] Xhtml 1.0 Strict

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Jun 27 15:25:58 CDT 2008

On Friday 27 June 2008 22:11:42 Petko Yotov wrote:
> P.S. Like other fulltime internet users I find the target=_blank attributes
> utterly annoying, selfish and amateur, but luckily my filtering proxy
> removes them for me. :-) Most normal people, however, are helpless victims
> to the target attribute.

There are a number of reputable webdesign experts who wrote why the
target=_blank attribute is harmfull, disrespectful and hostile, among others,

 Jacob Nielsen, The Top Ten Web Design Mistakes of 1999 [1], and
 Mark Pilgrim, Dive Into Accessibility : Not opening new windows [2]

do not need presentation. More writings can be found at your favorite search
engine.

Thanks,
Petko

[1] http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990530.html