[pmwiki-users] deleting fox-comments from include pages

michael paulukonis xraysmalevich at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 16:28:13 CDT 2008

I've been using fox-comments for... about a day, so I've got a lot to learn

I'm trying placing the comments on a separate page, to make things
cleaner on the main-page for editing, and then including (in a
show-hide toggle section) them.

The display works fine, but delete does not.

Here is my comment template:

#foxbegin#
(:div1 class=messagehead:)
>>rfloat<<
[-{$$(date d.m.Y - H:i)}-] &nbsp; (:if auth edit:){[foxdelrange]}(:if:)
>><<
!!!!! '''{$$heading}'''
(:div1end:)
>>messageitem<<
'''[[~{$$author}]]'''
>>messageitem<<
{$$comment}
>><<
#foxend#

Now, I note that [foxdelrange] is realized in the generated comments as

(:if auth edit:){[foxdelrange 1214860614a69885b0 {$FullName} ]}(:if:)

All of this is presented according to

(:if ! name *-Comments:)
!! Comments
(:if exists {*$FullName}-Comments :)
(:showhide div=commentlist init=hide lshow="Show all Comments"
lhide="Hide Comments":)
(:div9999 id=commentlist:)
(:comment this will fail after 9999 comments, which is unlikely:)
(:include {*$FullName}-Comments :)
(:div9999end:)
(:else:)
No comments yet.
(:ifend:)

Now, toggle works just fine, display, etc.

but delete fails, and not silently:

Sorry, delete action was unsuccessful!
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at C:\Inetpub\pmWiki\cookbook\fox.php:503) in
C:\Inetpub\pmWiki\pmwiki.php on line 955

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at C:\Inetpub\pmWiki\cookbook\fox.php:503) in
C:\Inetpub\pmWiki\pmwiki.php on line 956

<a class='foxdellink'
href='http://pmwiki.divintech.com/pmwiki.php?n=FormWare.BeginnerNotes?action=foxdelete&amp;linekey=1214860614a69885b0&amp;base=FormWare.BeginnerNotes'
rel='nofollow'
              >Delete</a>

The delete link is pointing at the page the include is on, and not at
the actual page of comments.

Any way to get that to point correctly?

--
-the Other michael