[pmwiki-users] Fox form redirect

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Sat Mar 1 13:49:10 CST 2008

Between the two, I would suggest cancelredirect=PageName. Here's my
thinking: If staying on the page makes sense, then instead of a Cancel
button the form should have a Clear button or no button at all.

This raises another question: what if the posting fails? Shouldn't the
user be told "Your submission was not posted - perhaps you don't have
authority to write to the page" rather than "Thank you for your
submission"? Of course, the developer can always check first for page
permission, so it's not needed for that case, but if there are other
potential causes of failure, consider failredirect=PageName, with a
message or status code passed to the redirected page. Having that
would simplify coding.

Randy