[pmwiki-users] Question about initialization
randy at brownragfilms.com
Sun Mar 2 16:32:40 CST 2008
Welcome to the PmWiki community!
That does seem very odd that you can't edit pmwiki.org pages. I don't
have a clue what could cause that.
Maybe someone experienced with PmWiki installation could help you if
you describe your situation in more detail. The more info, the better.
But at least give us the first three pieces of information:
- what do you see when you try to edit a page a pmwiki.org?
- what browser are you using?
- is the problem you're having with your installation the same problem
as you're experiencing with pmwiki.org?
- which version of PmWiki did you download?
- where are the instructions that you are following?
- when you moved the sample-config.php did you customize it and rename
it to config.php?
- what kind of host system are you installing on?
- what software is your server running?
Note that I have experienced some installation problems that my host
needed to fix regarding permissions and configuration. (For example,
FTP can result in permission changes.)
On Mar 2, 2008, at 3:57 PM, Admin Darkness wrote:
> I'm trying to get pmwiki working, and frankly it's making me want to
> pull my hair out. I'm probably missing some incredibly simple key
> factor, but I've been staring at the instructions and my FTP for
> nearly an hour now, trying everything I can think of and I can't
> make the thing work. I can't edit any pages on my own pmwiki (but I
> cant on the pmwiki.org pages.... I found that odd). I've moved the
> sample-config.php from the docs folder to the local folder (which is
> what I thought it was telling me to do) and still nothing.
> Am I just not understanding the lingo here? Can anyone help?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pmwiki-users