[pmwiki-users] Using pmwiki on freeweb7.com

david at ellendee.co.uk david at ellendee.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 03:35:28 CST 2008

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Bejoy Alex Jaison bejoyjaison at gmail.com
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:09:33 +0530
To: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
Subject: [pmwiki-users] Using pmwiki on freeweb7.com

Hello,

I am trying to configure PmWiki on a free host www.freeweb7.com. Only
certain file extensions are allowed - so that the default page file naming
convention 'Group.FullName' will not work.

I've found a workaround based on recipe
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PerGroupSubDirectories, adding the
following lines to my local/config.php

$WikiDir = new PageStore('$WorkDir/$FullName.txt');
$WikiLibDirs = array( &$WikiDir,
      new PageStore('$FarmD/wikilib.d/$FullName'));

Now pages can be stored because they have the extension .txt.

The problem now is that search and pagelists do not work. How do I configure
PmWiki to let it know that pages now have .txt extension.

Thanks in advance.

best regards,
Bejoy
http://www.bejoy.in - hosted at freeweb7.com

Hi Bejoy

I can't help with your problem with freeweb7but I could offer a suggestion.
I was with freeweb7 for a short time and had the same trouble setting up a
pmwiki.

I moved to http://www.profusehost.net/, they actually provide a bit more -
still free and pmwiki ran straight out of the box

Dave C