[pmwiki-users] Fox update: adding input validation and flexible messages

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 10:26:54 CST 2008

Friday, March 7, 2008, 4:15:08 PM, Randy wrote:

> BTW, I'm using the Cancel button with a "Clear form" label to clear
> the form for one simple reason: I don't know any other way to make a
> "Clear form" button that matches "Submit". If I used a link, I could
> simply reload the page without encountering "invalid input" messages.

> Do you know of any markup that creates a link that looks like a Fox
> Cancel button?

I think it is fine to use

(:input submit cancel 'Clear Form':)

I have now updated fox.php so you won't get the validation error
checking when submitting 'Cancel' (or Clear Form).

The problem was that validation check comes early, whereas the Cancel
check comes late, because the redirect needs to be determined first.
Anyway a simple conditional will now stop the validation check for Cancel.

The problem with Abort when using an EditForm is more complex, and I
need a little time to figure something out.

  ~Hans