[pmwiki-users] get blank page on upload

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 9 09:41:38 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 02:40:31PM +0200, sawyer x wrote:
>    hey everyone
>    i hope i'm not wondering about something that's being covered, but i've
>    search all the docs and googled all over searching for a solution on this.
>
>    i started a wiki page and for some reason i can't upload anything.
>    when i get into the upload page, i enter a password and press the "ok"
>    button and then i get a blank page. there isn't even anything at the
>    source code level.

Usually when this happens (a blank page) it indicates that PHP is
encountering an error very early in the script and simply aborting
without an error message.  Many PHP environments have error reporting
disabled, so that all you get is a blank page.

Do you happen to know what versions of PmWiki and PHP are installed?
Is there a URL we could look at?

Also, perhaps file uploading has been disabled in the PHP configuration?
(I suspect many "free" webhosting services disallow HTTP file uploads.)