[pmwiki-users] Diff/merge-friendly PageStore format (linebreaks)

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Wed Mar 12 16:21:05 CDT 2008

"Peter & Melodye Bowers" wrote:

[...]

> > Compare/merge of page data files can be very useful after PmWiki
> > updates to track changes in wikilib.d and merge them with local
> > customizations. The same applies for maintaining multiple wikis.
> >
> > There are great visual diff tools like KDiff3, Meld, Beyond Compare,
> > WinMerge, CSDiff..., but without linebreaks, they much less useful.
>
> WikiSh provides a {(diff ...)} markup, but it's not going to be mature
> enough to do what you're hoping for.

I'm afraid it's not even what I think about - I want to compare page
data from different pages with the capabilities of the mentioned
visual tools, and to be able to merge them (copy/move lines between
them) also with this tool.

> But a few months ago someone posted a script on this list that they used to
> move page text into text files for shell-tool processing.  I just took a

This would be interesting as a filter for the diff tool to be at
least able to compare data.

Oliver
--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen