[pmwiki-users] To all Fox users

carlos.ab at gmail.com carlos.ab at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 02:10:02 CDT 2008

Em Sábado 15 Março 2008 17:18, Vince Administration escreveu:
> e a good idea. Then settings would not be
> depending on where the variables are set.
> This is more important for Fox, because there are lots of variables.
> But what I would suggest is that
> you call the array FoxConfig, and not just Fox, and also to populate
> the array with the
> entries from the variables. What I mean is that when fox.php is
> called, it checks which (scalar) variables have been
> set, and fills in the appropriate entries in the array. This way
> present usage will not break.
>        Vince

I think it is a good idea and I did the same thing for one recipe I'm doing.

I had another idea with that one and I don't know if this is good or bad to be
used with fox, but I did a simple function called SCDV and other called
SCDVA, based on SDV and SDVA, the C is for conditional and it is something
like this:

function SCDV($cnd,&$var,$val){  # SET CONDITIONAL DEFAULT VALUE
  if("($cnd)") if(!isset($var)) $var=$val;
}

function SCDVA($cnd,&$var,$val){  # SET CONDITIONAL DEFAULT VALUE ARRAY
  if("($cnd)") foreach($val as $k=>$v) if(!isset($var[$k])) $var[$k]=$v;
}

and I use it like this:

SCDVA(
$EnableSkinOptions & $EnableSkinFont & ($fnt <= 6),
$SkinOptions['fontsize'],
array(
    'ini' => "#wiki-main{font-size:",
    'end' => "%}"
));

SCDVA(
$EnableSkinOptions & $EnableSkinFont & ($fnt >= '7'),
$SkinOptions['fontsize'],
array(
    'ini' => "#body{font-size:",
));

The functions helped me clean my code a bit and I was able to play with
conditionals to set some of the options for a skin.

Just a thought,

Carlos