[pmwiki-users] page lists for dynamic menus

Marco Ferretti marco.ferretti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 07:53:33 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Marco Ferretti
<marco.ferretti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I am here with a ( maybe ) trivial problem.
>
>  I would like to use pagelist to create a dynamic vertical menu . What
>  I would like to achieve is, in one single page ( Site.LeftMenu ), a
>  list of all the groups ( afaik :  (:pagelist fmt=#group :) ) with the
>  peculiarity that the current group is exploded listing all the current
>  pages .
>
>  eg :
>
>  www.mysite.org/pmwiki.php/Test/Test would display on the menu page :
>     * Foo
>     * Main
>     * PmWiki
>     * Site
>     * Test
>      - Test 1
>      - Test 2
>      - Test 3
>      - Test 4
>
>  While on www.mysite.org/pmwiki.php/Foo/Foo would display on the menu page :
>     * Foo
>      - Foo 1
>      - Foo 2
>      - Foo 3
>      - Foo 4
>     * Main
>     * PmWiki
>     * Site
>     * Test
>

>  Is there any way to achieve this ?
>
>  TIA
>
>  Marco

I got it ... well , sort of :

* {$Group}
-> (:pagelist group={$Group} fmt=#title :)

(:pagelist fmt=#group group=-{$Group} :)

Gives me almost what I need : what I get here is
1- current group on top
2- pages of the current group are indented
3 - all other groups come after.

What I would like now is that the order of the groups stays the
default one ( alphabetical ) and the current group is exploded . I
guess I need a custom format ;  it would have to change the formatting
if $Group is hit ... could someone tell me how to change the
formatting and then set it back ? ( if possible )

TIA

Marco