[pmwiki-users] (:pagelist ...:) returning plain text resultlike "?action=source" does

Stéphane Heckel hsteph at club-internet.fr
Thu Mar 27 13:35:00 CDT 2008

"Patrick R. Michaud" wrote :

> ?action=search  effectively does the same as a pagelist.  Then all you
> would need is a custom skin that does nothing but send the output
> text (e.g., the StrippedSkin).

I was thinking about doing something like :

#1 use the following skin template :
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<head>
</head>
<!--PageText-->

#2 with the following request (ie)
http://localhost/index.php?action=search&q=%22%22&group=Geo&fmt=simple

#3 result is something like :

Results of search for "":
Geo.Albania
Geo.Austria
Geo.Ukraine
32 pages found out of 32 pages searched.
A search for more than one word will find pages that contain all of the
words.
Use quotation marks to search for a phrase. Also use quotes for text with
punctuation or special characters.
To limit your search to a single group, enter the group name followed by a
slash at the beginning of the search string (e.g., "PmWiki/" or "Main/"). To
list all pages, enter a slash for the search.
Search examples
Enter To find pages containing
apple pie both 'apple' and 'pie'
"apple pie" the phrase 'apple pie'
pmwiki/apple 'apple' in the PmWiki group
"pmwiki/apple" the phrase 'pmwiki/apple' in all groups
apple -pie 'apple', omitting those containing 'pie'
food -"apple pie" 'food', omitting those containing 'apple pie'
apple "-pie" the words 'apple' and '-pie'
apple - pie 'apple', '-', and 'pie'
"pie:" the word 'pie' with a colon
"pie=tasty" the phrase 'pie=tasty'
Some special characters need to be enclosed in quotes, including the colon
(:), equals sign (=), single quote (') and double quote(").
For advanced searches, PageLists parameters (count, group, fmt, link, list,
order, and trail) can be entered together with the search string.

Questions
# may I tune the request (or create a template) to only get the expected
result ?
- avoid the leading string "Results of search for "": etc ...
- avoid the lines above the result (ie 32 pages found out of 32 pages
searched. ... etc) ?

Purpose of that would be to use pmwiki's core engine as a RPC process, ...

SH