[pmwiki-users] Totalcounter freeze

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 27 14:06:39 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 05:48:04PM +0100, Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:
> I periodically get totalcounter freezing up on me (exceeding the 30 second
> execution timeout while at line 1136 in totalcounter.php).  This seems to
> happen every couple months (this could be way off - just a gut feel).
> Getting rid of the wiki.d/totalcounter.stat file solves the problem but also
> loses the historical stats.
>
> Any ideas?  Are others having this or is it something specific to my
> host/environment?

I know that some versions of the totalcounter recipe would run
into problems like this whenever the totalcounter.stat file
gets too large.  The problem has to do with the file becomes
large enough that the recipe cannot complete its processing
within the time available.

I'm not very familiar with the recipe itself, so I can't say for
sure what causes the problem or how to work around it.