[pmwiki-users] anti-spam multi-page-restore tool

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 30 11:46:48 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 12:21:48PM +0200, Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:
> >For example -- suppose I'm webmaster for a soccer club and want to be
> >able to offer team websites to the teams of the club.
> There are tools out there that can already do this ( i.e.,  I'm pretty sure
> I've read that fox  has significant template file capabilities)...  Here's
> how you would do it with WikiSh:

Just because this bugs me a bit... I have trouble imagining
using WikiSh on any site that allows a substantial number of
non-admins to edit pages.  I think it's just far too easy for
someone to inadvertently or maliciously exploit WikiSh and
cause serious damage to the site (or server).

For a site that has a very small number of highly trusted
authors and where the entire site is locked down, WikiSh might
be okay.  But for any site where editing is distributed,
I'd be really concerned about (inadvertently) making WikiSh
capabilities available to them.

My $0.02-