[pmwiki-users] Copying files

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Mar 30 12:49:02 CDT 2008

Saturday, March 29, 2008, 11:51:29 PM, Steven Benmosh wrote:

> For example, I would create the page Private.FAQ, then change its name to
> Tracks.FAQ

> Does this in any way adversely affect PmWiki? Should I copy the page
> instead? Or maybe the best way is to create the new page through PmWiki and
> copy the source?

It usually is okay. As long as no links are broken because of the
page change. The pageindex cache will be not up-to-date if you do FTP
renaming.

The last method is obviously the better one, avoiding any possible
implications on the pageindex cache.

Renaming the page through  a Pmwiki recipe is also better than the
FTP renaming.

But I find file renaming quite adequate most of the times.

  ~Hans