[pmwiki-users] Managing Drafts

Brent Zupp brentzupp at gmail.com
Thu May 1 08:58:21 CDT 2008

I haven't used it that way, but this is what you might try:

   1. Install rename script (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RenamePage)
   2. Use clean urls for website (
   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls)
   3. Create Draft group
   4. Make Draft group public
   5. Update your "robots.txt" file so that search engines don't index Draft
   group. Something like "Disallow: /Draft"

That way users could create drafts in Draft group, but those documents would
not be indexed by search engines. Then, when a document is ready, use the
?action=rename function (from rename script) to rename doc Draft/DocName to
Main/DocName (or whatever group you like). I think that accomplishes what
you need.

Best,
Brent

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 5:53 AM, Marcus <prima at wordit.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:53:03 -0700
> "Brent Zupp" <brentzupp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Instead of using drafts, I'm starting to use a non-public group to do
> > my drafting, then rename the document to the main group when the doc
> > is sufficiently filled out.
>

> How does that method work for visitors if it is non-public? Say you have
> a FAQ page, or PITS, where you want public comments.
>

> Marcus

Brent Zupp
http://www.wanderings.net/

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
~ Dave Barry