[pmwiki-users] Looking for some advice on setting up a site

Jan Erik Moström lists at mostrom.pp.se
Fri May 2 15:25:03 CDT 2008

Some time ago I started a little experiment, I wanted to learn a
little bit more about PmWiki and started to experiment with
different recipes which was fun. However, I continued to play
and started to move data into a wiki, experimented with writing
my own theme, writing a "key" recipe, etc. One thing led to
another and the result is that I'm sitting here with a wiki that
could replace two of my current sites - nice.

I've got two things left to do - add support for displaying some
kind of photo albums and blogging. Photo albums is what I'm
going to work on next and I don't see any problems with that.
But blogging is another thing. I have no idea if it's a good
idea to try to move my current blog into pmwiki, I would like to
but don't know if it's a good idea.

I'm currently using wordpress and the things I really want to
have in a blog is tags (like how they work in wordpress,
del.icou.us, etc), tag clouds (but on a separate page), the
archive listing by year and month, and the ability to do "future
posting". If you look at my current site at www.mostrom.pp.se
you'll see approx what I want.

I looked at the various recipes (haven't tried them ... yet) but
I don't really know if blogging in pmwiki is a good idea. So, I
would like to hear about your experiences of using PmWiki as a
blog platform (and if you do this - do you store one post per
page or ...).

So should I continue with the idea of using pmwiki for blogging
or should I try to integrate wordpress and pmwiki in some way?

                 jem