[pmwiki-users] PTVs and Conditional Markup

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Thu May 15 14:10:35 CDT 2008

Thursday, May 15, 2008, 5:00:15 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:

> (:if {*$:featured}=-?* :)

you need to be more precise with your conditional.

You cannot use abc=xyz as conditional, use instead

(:if equal abc xyz:)

and you cannot use wildcards ?*

What exactly are you trying to test?

It may be possible with use of markup expressions to construct a

conditional test, or define a custom conditional.

I have a little form that shows on the bottom of every page if the user
is an administrator. This form, built using Fox, allows the
administrators to insert a ptv called 'featured' which has a date-time
stamp.

I want to control the visibility of this form based on whether the page
already has the ptv defined or not. It is as simple as:

If ptv is not set -

            Show form

Else-

            Show "The ptv was set on 'xxxx'.

Ifend

I use the ptv to eventually build a list of pages that are exceptional.
Similar to the "Featured Articles" in Wikipedia. I also display the
latest "Featured Article" on the Home Page to draw people's attention to
these pages.