[pmwiki-users] Protecting text from ROS/ROE

Peter & Melodye Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed May 21 00:29:04 CDT 2008

I use the E-Protect recipe to allow email addresses to be obfuscated.
However, I have to explain to users with no experience how to create a
[[mailto:myaddress at mydomain.com]] link.  E-Protect changes this to look like
[[hidden-email:qwer134asdb!@#%]].  So if I put in a comment like this in a
template page:

(:comment please enter your email below in the form
[[mailto:myaddress at mydomain.com]] :)

Then when someone comes in to look at it they see this:

(:comment please enter your email below in the form
[[hidden-email:qwer134asdb!@#%]] :)

Which obviously is not too helpful.  Any ideas how I can protect some text
from ROS/ROE patterns at the source level?

-Peter