[pmwiki-users] ICT innovation in organisations from private context

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Mon May 26 16:54:39 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 03:36:22PM +0200, Sjaak Koot wrote:
> Does anyone have experience of introducing/trying to introduce pmwiki into
> an professional organisation after having it used for private
> purposes.

Alas, my experience was the other way around; after introducing PmWiki
into my workplace, I decided to use it for myself.  I had the task, as
webmaster, to change our internal website from a pure HTML site (which
nobody kept up to date) to a mix of plain HTML (for some things) and a
wiki.  So I evaluated several wikis, and decided on PmWiki, for the
following reasons:
- ease of installation
- ease of upgrades (the only wiki I found with a completely painless
  upgrade method)
- use of flat files for storage (easier maintenance)
- clean installation of plugins (no need to modify core code)

Then I realized I could use it for my own stuff, and as I got more
familiar with lovely things like pagelists, I ended up using it for more
and more and writing my own plugins.

Kathryn Andersen