[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-users Footnotes Extended external link

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Mon May 26 21:08:43 CDT 2008

>Actually, I'm looking to create a footnote like a bibliography. For
>example, if I have a quote that I want to cite:
>
>"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain." [1]
>
>Then at the bottom of the page, create a footnote for the
>reference:
>
>[1] My Fair Lady, Alan Jay Lerner.
>
>This can be done easily with the markup in Footnotes,
>FootnotesExtended, and MarkupExtensions (the [^citation goes here^]
>tag). But if I want to add a link to the citation:
>
>[1] [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rain_in_Spain|My Fair Lady]],
>Alan Jay Lerner.
>
>The link does not process. It simply shows up exactly like above
>(without actually creating the link). I am looking to add link
>processing to the footnotes markup. Anyone have any ideas?
>
>Cheers!
>Daniel Roesler
>diafygi at gmail.com

You could try the citations recipe included in the Wikipublisher
PDF library. Here is an example of its usage:
http://www.wikipublisher.org/wiki/index.php?n=TipOfTheWeek.00008

This provides a powerful way to create citations and
bibliographies, supporting both numbered and Author-Year
citation styles. There is a more complex sample page at
http://www.wikipublisher.org/wiki/index.php?n=Bibliographies.Advocacy

--
JR