[pmwiki-users] wikiform - have a large text field with default text?

john.rankin at affinity.co.nz john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Nov 9 01:35:42 CST 2008

> From: david roundell <roundelld at hotmail.com>
> Subject: [pmwiki-users] wikiform - have a large text field with
> 	default text?
>
> hello
>
> another wikiform question that hopefully is straightforward
>
> i have a question on the form in the style of:
>
> :Overnight Actions:nighttime What actions need to be taken overnight
> ("Raise an Incident Log. Leave for daytime attention. "=80)
>
> this default text (raise log, leave for daytime..) is useful to save time
> when entering details on the form. unfortunately
> i cannot see a way of having the field go over 2 or 3 lines as in when you
> code text=3*80, for example.
>
> could wikiform be given the option to have a text box with default text
> already in it that can be more than one text line long?
>
> hope thats clear!!

Currently, the wikiform template syntax does not support default text
for textarea boxes. It should be fairly easy to add, but I'll need to
review the syntax for other field types, to make sure I add it in a way
that is consistent with other default value settings. It will probably be
a few days before I get time to do this.

JR