[pmwiki-users] page names with .shtml extension

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed Nov 26 07:27:11 CST 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Radu Luchian <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
> I've searched both the pmwiki site and the mailing list archive for some
> hint about allowing .shtml extensions to pages.
> Are there other ways to allow requests to .shtml pages to be redirected to
> the actual wiki page?
>
> Could someone figure out rhe RewriteRule I can use in the .htaccess file for
> the site that would do this at the server level?

I think the rewrite rule is what you are looking for.  Does something
like this work?

RewriteRule ^(.*)\.shtml$ $1 [QSA,L]

That's kind of a shot in the dark in an area I don't play around with
too much, but it might work.  I've never bothered to look what the
stuff in the brackets after the search/replace is for, so if that
doesn't work try just getting rid of the brackets and everything
inside them.

-Peter