[pmwiki-users] cookbook development - how to use xlpage in a cookbook

Jens jens at quefaire.de
Sun Nov 30 15:28:26 CST 2008

Szőke Sándor wrote:
> Dear List,
[...]
> I have just ported my favorite picture gallery addon (the xsgal image
> gallery from xoops v1.2) to a pmwiki cookbook.

[...]
> My quiestion is:
> How to change my .php file, so the produced outup can be translated via
> XLPage?
>
> I place the (:xsGallery:) markup on a page, that calls my cookbook.
> The page is produced by returning the page in a text variable, via the
> markup call.
>
> If I put $[sometext] in this variable, I got the same thing appearing on
> the page. How to override this?

probably your (:xsGallery:) markup is interpreted too late. To have it
interpreted at an earlier stage, see
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkup> for a list of possible
values for the $when parameter of the Markup() function.

Another thing to check: Do not use keep() in your custom markup
definition as it does prevent any further markup processing.

Jens