[pmwiki-users] Displaying a markup variable via a skin template

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 2 11:03:01 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:28:40PM +0200, marc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to display a variable from the markup on each displayed page via
> the skin template.
>
> I thought I would be able to use a PTV directly. Thus, in markup:
>
>   (:something: marctest:)
>
> and in the template file, something like this:
>
>   {$:something}
>
> But this just displays {$:something} on the page.
>
> I get close with
>
>   <!--markup:{$:something}-->

I've been thinking that <!--markup:...--> should somehow be
smart enough to avoid putting the text in a <p>...</p> unless there's
a newline in the markup somehow.

I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet, though -- it'll
require some adjustments to the core markup function, or an additional
markup that says "don't turn this into a paragraph".