[pmwiki-users] Announcing: MailmanAuth -- Use an external mailing list for PmWiki authentication

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:00:24 CDT 2008

At least in my experience, it's not uncommon to have a group of people
share not only a wiki but a mailing list as well. MailmanAuth lets you
use the authentication system of Mailman for PmWiki, without requiring
any setup at the Mailman end and minimal work in PmWiki.

<http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MailmanAuth>

AuthUser is required, as well as cURL. And, obviously, a working
mailing list with web access.

If you're interested, it should also be quite easy to modify the
MailmanAuth framework to work with any web-based authentication
system, all you need to know is the format of the HTTP POST request
and how to indentify acceptance in the reply.

eemeli

ps. I mentioned on the list some time ago that I was working on a
comprehensive user management module for PmWiki. That's still
advancing, I just had this inspiration that took care of 50% of the
sites I thought I needed it for, and the other 50% is surviving with
an intermediate version while I'm bogged down with other work.