[pmwiki-users] Can custom markup in template's included page alter global variables ?

Jean-Fabrice [gmail] jeanfabrice at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 05:16:12 CDT 2008

Hi list,

I'm facing a problem I did not encounter before and would like to get
some opinion on it.

I've written a custom markup which execute a function of my own (using
the /e regexp modifier)
As usual, this function returns some code to be displayed on the
calling page but also alter globals variables like $HTMLStylesFmt or
$HTMLHeaderFmt.

The issue is :
When I use my custom markup in a wiki page, let's says MyGroup/MyPage,
everything is ok : markup code is displayed, CSS styles and HTMLheader
are ok.
When I use my custom markup in a template's included page, like
Site/PageActions, only the markup code is displayed. CSS styles are
not ok, nor HTMLHeader.

Am I doing things the wrong way ? My goal is to create some ajax
helpers, displayed on each page. I need to include a few line of
javascript code each time the helpers is displayed

JF