[pmwiki-users] It's All Text

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Sep 13 09:52:45 CDT 2008

Probably everybody else in the world is using this and I'm the last one to
find it, but to those who haven't found it, this (slightly off-topic) post
may be of help, particularly to those who spend a lot of time editing text
boxes in their browser (i.e., editing wiki pages).

There's an add-on called "It's All Text" which allows you to specify the
external editor you would like to use to edit boxes.  Then you either click
on the little blue button or else use the user-defined hotkey to open that
editor whenever you have something you want to edit.

You can find it at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4125

I've been using it for 2 days and it's already saved me a ton of time...  I
get vim-power on browser editing...  Check it out!

-Peter

PS I should add that I saw a post with a user complaining about a memory
leak, but I haven't had any noticeable problems.