[pmwiki-users] comment pages refinement

Sameer Kumar sameerkumar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:43:38 CDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Chris Lott <chris.lott at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using a link like the following to create "discussion" pages on my
> site:
> (:if ! match -comments$ :)*%rel=nofollow%[[{$Name}-comments |
> Discuss]](:if:)
>
> I'd like to refine this in a few ways:
>
> 1) indicate visually somehow whether the page exists

For my comments page (which I call "Discussion") I am using the directions
provided on this page:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentPageLink

I am providing a visual clue by changing the link for the comment page to
red color if the page does not exist. It is achieved by the following in the
Site/PageActions page:

(:if exists Discussion.{*$Group}-{*$Name} :)
* %item class=discuss
accesskey=$[ak_edit]%[[Discussion.{*$Group}-{*$Name} | $[Discussion]
]]
(:else:)
* %item red class=discuss
accesskey=$[ak_edit]%[[Discussion.{*$Group}-{*$Name} | $[Discussion]
]]
(:ifend:)

> 2) have a link on the comments page back to the page being commented on

Please see the above page (
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentPageLink); look under "Automating
the whole thing". It shows you how to achieve what you are looking for. I
have setup my wiki in exactly that way and it works perfectly.

Sameer