[pmwiki-users] Fwd: Editing Pmwiki *Locally* in a *Text Editor*

Sameer Kumar sameerkumar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 09:55:25 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Sameer Kumar <sameerkumar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Moni Kellermann <kellerfrau at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Wie Sameer Kumar so vortrefflich formulierte:
>>
>>> Peter et al,
>>>
>>> I followed your advise above with the XAMPP and a mirror setup of the
>>> wiki
>>> on my laptop. I got XAMPP working alright and I can even get to the
>>> homepage
>>> of the wiki. However, the page is unformatted and none of the links in
>>> the
>>> wiki work...
>>>
>>> This is exactly what I have added to my local config file (my wiki folder
>>> is
>>> located at C:\xampp\htdocs\wiki, which is also the documentroot for
>>> apache):
>>>
>>> if ($_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'] == "127.0.0.1"){
>>>  $ScriptUrl = 'http://localhost/';
>>>  $PubDirUrl = 'http://localhost/pub';
>>> # $EnablePathInfo=0;
>>> }
>>> else {
>>> $ScriptUrl = 'http://wiki.kumarsingh.com';
>>> $PubDirUrl = 'http://wiki.kumarsingh.com/pub';
>>> }
>>>

>> Hi, Sameer,
>>
>> I have been using XAMPPlite for quite a while now to work offline on a
>> wiki site and then transfer the whole thing online via FTP.
>>
>> So far I have NOT used any modification in the config file, i.e. NONE of
>> the above. I have also NOT set $ScriptUrl or $PubDirUrl. I only set
>> $EnablePathInfo = 1.
>>
>> I simply copy the whole folder to htdocs\ and that's it. I have never
>> experienced any problems with the paths.
>>
>> Have you tried NOT to modify config.php?
>>

>> Kind regards,
>> moni k.
>

> I have so far not tried what you suggest. I will do so tonight. Thank you
> very much for the suggestion.
> Sameer
>
> Moni,I tried not modifying config.php but it did not work. I got to the
home page of the wiki but all the links on the homepage were resolving to my
web address, not the localhost address. Is that not your experience? I
wonder what was different in my case...
I eventually made it work using Petko's suggestion:

if ($_SERVER['SERVER_ADDR'] != "127.0.0.1") # only NOT at home
{
  $ScriptUrl = 'http://wiki.kumarsingh.com';
  $PubDirUrl = 'http://wiki.kumarsingh.com/pub';
  $EnablePathInfo=1;