[pmwiki-users] [[!topic |link text]]

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Apr 29 21:30:09 CDT 2009

On Thursday, 30 April 2009 1:45 PM, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote:
>[...]
>> IMO, [[!X|What X is]] should link to the Category.X page
>> and display "What X is".
>[...]
>> IMO this is a bug in pmwiki's category markup rule.
>
>[...]
>
>In case I now need to distribute pages linking to categories with alternative
>link text, I'll probably use :
>  [[Category.Topic|link text]] or
>  [[{$CategoryGroup}.Topic|link text]]
>
>The latter needing a PV declaration in recipe.php :
>  $FmtPV['$CategoryGroup'] = '$GLOBALS["CategoryGroup"]'; #
>untested

It happens that in my situation, this is not suitable. I am
using category markup to build a book index, so need to
re-interpret the category markup rules to produce XML that
can be processed into an index. So I added a local rule for
[[!Topic|link text]] and at the moment don't need the other
link options.

I'll copy this thread to a new PITS entry.

Thanks
JR
--
John Rankin