[pmwiki-users] comment spam and blogs

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 09:08:37 CDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Peter Bowers <pbowers at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Simon <nzskiwi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I use a publicly accessible password,
>> I don't even have to go as far as a captcha,
>> it has stopped 100% of the spam,
>
> I use this as well and can concur that it stopped 100% of spammers.
>
> You can see http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OpenPass to see how it
> is implemented.
>
> -Peter

Peter:  That looks like a cool recipe! Would it be easy to create a
version that would only work for specified wikigroup(s)?  On many of
my sites I have a site-wide, user password that I would NOT want
displayed in the manner of this recipe, but I could want a public
password on certain publicly-editable pages.

That is, as I read it, your recipe defaults to displaying a password,
except when over-ridden.  I'd like the opposite case, with defaults to
NOT displaying the password, except when desired.