[pmwiki-users] includeurl and redirection

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sat Aug 15 15:30:49 CDT 2009

Hans wrote:
> Saturday, August 15, 2009, 2:25:28 PM, adam overton wrote:
>
>> i've a quick question related to (:includeurl:).
>> is there a way to prevent redirection to external sites?
>> i've noticed that when trying to include external pages, some of them
>> automatically redirect to the actual site. for instance placing
>> (:includeurl http://nytimes.com :) on a page automatically redirects
>> to http://nytimes.com.
>> i'd like to prevent this from happening, and perhaps return an error
>> message instead.
>> can this be done?
>
> I think some sites use mechanisms which detect if they are loaded in
> an iframe or as object in another site's page, and automatically break
> out of it. I don't think you can prevent this.
Basically it's a ti-for-tat war. You can break the cycle, but they can
un-break the break, which they can then unbreak, ad-infinitum. Look here
for more info: http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/001277.html

One of my main wiki's has actually been framed by another site. It's
annoying, but the reality is that I still get the page rank, so I don't
bother breaking the frame. NY Times clearly has other goals.

  ~ ~ Dave