[pmwiki-users] Can Foxedit warn of or flag simultaneous edit conflicts?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Dec 27 04:05:37 CST 2009

Sunday, December 27, 2009, 9:52:36 AM, Randy Brown wrote:

> So, I think the section should be treated logically as if it were
> independent from the rest of the page. Anything that has changed
> outside it should be automatically adopted, as Foxedit elegantly does already.

yes, we should aim for that.
PmWiki's simuledit.php solution is not much use then.
The foxedit form should probably pass the original section
text as well as the modified text from the textarea to Fox for the
processing, then Fox can check if the original text section had
been changed meanwhile, and refuse to overwrite this.

Then it needs to go back to the edit form, with the updated original
text (user's input will be lost, but she will see the new text in the
edit window). And a message needs to be displayed alerting the user
that the section has been changed.

Note that all this is just for a section edit.
If you use  a custom PTV edit form it would need to be set up
specially. And so does a  standard PTV edit form.

I'll have a look at this ection edit problem.
Not sure how quick though..

  ~Hans