[pmwiki-users] (:title:) of (:include:) included pages overrides page title

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Feb 2 23:24:22 CST 2009

On Monday 02 February 2009 12:16:52 Oliver Betz wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm somewhat confused by http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00779
>
> Pm wrote 2006-04-29 "This is being fixed for 2.1.6.  In 2.1.6,
> (:title:) directives in included pages won't have any effect."
>
> Seemingly it's not. Maybe I missed something - what's the real status
> of this issue?

I added in the PITS entry a code to disable title directives from included
pages:
  $QualifyPatterns['/\\(:title\\s(.*?):\\)/i'] = '';

I do use title directives in included pages and I will oppose the pure removal
of this feature. Having a variable for a wiki admin to control it is fine
with me.

Do you think we should push for some change to the core, or the solution I
gave is good enough and we could instead just update the documentation?

(The discussion goes on at http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00779, it is probably
better to comment there than in the list.)

Thanks,
Petko