[pmwiki-users] .htaccess help (possibly CPanel)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 4 12:49:10 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 10:13:31AM -0500, Sandy wrote:
> THE HTACCESS FILES, starting from the lowest directory. I'd expect the
> lowest to be the problem, since things that use the higher directories
> are working just fine.

Be sure to check the permissions on the .htaccess files as well.
If the webserver is unable to read a .htaccess file (but can
tell that one exists), then it acts as if the .htaccess is denying
all access to the directory.

> /pmwiki/pub/
> Options All

I don't think you should need this .htaccess file.  At the least
I'd start by renaming it to something else to remove it as a potential
variable.

In fact, you might try renaming all of the .htaccess files to
something else to make sure you can get to the file
even when none of the .htaccess files are in place.  Then put
them back one-at-a-time to see which one is causing the issue.