[pmwiki-users] making browser adding ?action=... to URL?

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 11:01:08 CST 2009

Sunday, February 8, 2009, 4:41:45 PM, Oliver Betz wrote:

> besides adding a certain action to Site/PageActions, I could imagine
> to have the browser adding the ?action=somewhat to the URL.

> This would be useful for actions which shouldn't be visible to
> everyone.

> Has anyone such a solution ready for one of the popular browsers?

I don't quite understand. You add ?action=myaction to the url, by
either typing it into the address bar, or using a link markup like

[[{*$FullName}?action=myaction|click me!]]

Links of that kind are used for instance in Site.PageActions where
you can change the links appearing in the default skin top.
you could use conditional markup to show certain links only if
authorised, for instance like

(:if auth admin:)[[{*$FullName}?action=attr| Attributes]]

But perhaps you want something different?

  ~Hans