[pmwiki-users] line break keeping page store (implemented as cookbook)

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:46:53 CST 2009

2009/1/26 Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net>:
> Eemeli Aro wrote:
>>Done. See <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageTopStore> for the details.
>
> As far as I see, the meta information is not copied back from the
> plain text file to the original page text file. For most of the
> information that's not very important, but the "author" shouldn't be
> that of the first person accessing the page but either empty or the
> value from the plain text file.

Just uploaded a new version of the recipe, where this is now fixed --
the author is marked as PageTopStore and the normal page file version
is updated on any change to the top version.

It's a bit of a kludge to get the page writing to work well, as I need
to temporarily overwrite six different global variables in order to
get PageStore::write, PostPage and other functions to work as needed.
Some of those are unnecessary in most cases, but better safe than
sorry.

2009/2/5 Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net>:
> When I change (:title foobar:) to (:comment title foobar:), the
> "foobar" title is still active. The line title=foobar is still in the
> wikitop.d file. Only after a subsequent change, the title= is removed
> from the wikitop.d file.

Yah; it's a bit complex to take care of this metadata. Even in the
usual case each of the page title, keywords and description gets
stored in two different places; as a separate page property and within
the page text as a directive. I am working on this, though, but it's
looking like any good answer will involve a minor paradigm shift in
how PmWiki handles metadata.

eemeli