[pmwiki-users] Rating cookbooks: a concrete suggestion

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Thu Feb 19 14:35:02 CST 2009

Ignore this if it's off the wall, since I haven't followed this
thread, but why not just do this:

On the Recipe page:

Rating: (: some directive - new or existing - that presents a summary
based on the information in the Talk page :)
[[{*$FullName}-Talk|View discussion]] | [[{*$FullName}-Talk?
action=edit|Add your comments or rating]]

Then on the Recipe-Talk page:

 >>comment<<
Feel free to add your comments about the recipe below. If you'd like
to be counted in the rating, follow these guidelines... etc.
 >><<

A Talk page seems like an appropriate place to put opinions, and isn't
that what a rating is? This way we can have free form discussion as
well as a way to present a summary of the sentiment. The rating could
be a single metric or multiple metrics (opinions of casual users
versus power users etc.) The only question would be what directive(s)
to use.

Randy